Monday, December 29, 2008

Holidaze Post #1: Decorations

The past month has been a complete daze of holiday related happenings. In fact, things have been so busy lately that yesterday I didn't feel like doing anything at all. So I read, and my wonderful husband cleaned the kitchen and vacuumed. (I told you I had a good one.) We didn't go crazy with decorations this year, although we did have some good ones. There was a wreath on the door, a tree in the living room and paper ornaments in the entryway. Oh and this:

It is a Santa Claus that Noah's mom, Patsy, gave to us. Now, Patsy is a very nice woman, but honestly, some of the things she sends us scare me. This, along with the bride and groom marionnettes, fall into that category.

My mom also gave me some of my grandmother's and great-grandmothers ornaments. They are beautiful, handpainted items, some of which are from Germany. They were always handled carefully, and lovingly wrapped at the end of the season. Any breakage was devastating.


These ornaments are the ones that are a part of my cherished Christmas memories which include, of course, listening to the Muppets Christmas Album with John Denver, and making my sister into a Christmas tree complete with lights and a lot of sparkly garland.

Noah, on the other hand, likes to call some of them "The Death Star Oraments." And is creeped out when they "look at him."



Because I am compulsively crafty, and seem to have a deep-seated need to create things, there were also paper ornaments in the entryway. You can thank Design Sponge, because they are awesome crafty, artsy, designer people.


ps. Because of a slight SNAFU on my part, we now have more twinkle lights than anyone in their right mind might need. We had a bunch, but when I couldn't find them, I bought more. Come to find out Noah had stashed them in his footlocker, a place where I never look. (but honestly, he had forgotten where they were) Next year, we may have to create a landing strip on the roof.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oooh. twinkle lights! you can spell things out with them!